Registration Instructions for the Gravitational Wave International Committee on gw-astronomy.org
Who should register
Only members of the Gravitational Wave International Committee should register. Members of GWIC3G
working groups are not eligible (unless they are members of GWIC as well). The registration requires approval by GWIC administration.
Before you get started
The gw-astronomy service registers into our GWIC forum using a username/password from your university or another place where you have already registered. This simplifies things for both us and for you during everyday use, since we are not creating and managing another username/password pair. Once your registration on gw-astronomy.org is complete, you will automatically be added to the mailing list. We can also set up private and public wiki pages in this wiki for use by GWIC if you want. Because you are registering for GWIC using institutional username/password, it can be confusing. We have tried to make the process as simple as possible, but if you encounter any problems or questions during enrollment or with your gw-astronomy account, please contact email@example.com
(even if you see other help-desk email addresses, please start with this one for help).
Step 1 - Logging In:
- Go to the login page for the gw-astronomy service.
- You will be prompted to login. There are a variety of login options you can try:
Step 2 - Enrollment:
- Once you are logged in, you will see the enrollment page for GWIC. Click the begin" button to start the enrollment and you will see the enrollment form. There are only three required fields, First Name, Last Name and Email. Your name and email will be automatically taken from your login. You may change any of the fields to correspond with your preferences. Note that the email address submitted is the one at which you will receive emails from GWIC mailing list, if the provided value is not correct for this purpose, please change it before submitting. Once you have all the correct values in your form, click the SUBMIT button on the bottom right.
- After you submit your application, you will be sent an email verifying your email address. Click the link to the URL provided to confirm. A page will open in your browser and your gw-astronomy.org GWIC account will be provisioned. This may take several seconds. When the process is complete, you will see the Enrollment Verified message as shown below. As per the message, your registration is now awaiting approval from a GWIC admin on gw-astronomy. You will be notified by email when your registration is approved.
- Once your registration is approved, you will automatically be subscribed to the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or concerns about the mailing list service, please send them to email@example.com.
-- Main.Warren - 2020-10-22